Personal injury law refers to claims involving injuries people sustain which were caused by the negligence or intentional conduct of someone else. The law entitles the victim of a personal injury to seek compensation for past and future medical expense, lost wages, property damages, pain, suffering, disability and disfigurement. Some claims also include damages for death benefits or compensation to a person’s spouse or family.
Most claims are covered by insurance. In automobile accidents, coverage could be provided from the insurer of the driver causing the accident, the vehicle’s owner, an employer, or other parties not obvious from the initial facts. If the other driver does not have insurance, your own policy may provide coverage from the uninsured motorist portion of your policy. This coverage even applies when you are injured by a hit-and-run driver who is never found.
Your insurance policy covers you and your family members even if you were not in your automobile when the accident occurred. For example, your policy provides coverage to you when you are a pedestrian or while riding a bicycle. If the driver causing the accident has coverage but the policy is too small to cover all your damages, your own policy may provide a supplemental recovery if you have underinsured motorist coverage.
Many personal injury accidents are covered by insurance even when an automobile is not involved. For example, accidents occurring on someone else's property are often covered by homeowners or business-owners policies. General and extended liability policies provide additional coverage.
If you are injured in an accident, attorney Daniel E. Goldberg recommends you call him as soon as possible to discuss your rights. It is often important to begin an immediate investigation for purposes of obtaining photographs, witness statements, and preserving the other vital evidence. It is also important to discuss medical treatment options and to analyze your health insurance coverage rights. Attorney Goldberg will make certain you are taking the proper steps to have your injuries diagnosed, and will assist you in the coordination of your benefit rights. Waiting to analyze your options may result in the loss of important determinations.
There is no charge to obtain a consultation or evaluation of your claim from Attorney Daniel E. Goldberg. If you choose to hire Mr. Goldberg, he will represent you a contingent fee basis in which the fees are a percentage of your recovery. You will not have any out-of-pocket attorney's fee obligations. There is no fee unless you receive a recovery.
Attorney Daniel E. Goldberg has represented thousands of injured and disabled people since 1983 in a wide variety of claims. Typical personal injury cases he has handled include:
Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents (www.WIBikeLaw.com)
- Pedestrian Injuries
- Forklift Trucks
- Hazardous Conditions
- Faulty Machinery
- Dangerous Conditions
Dog Bite Claims
Slip and Fall Accidents
Defective Product Claims
If you are in an accident:
- Obtain the names, addresses and telephone numbers of all witnesses;
- If possible, call the police to the scene so that an investigation is conducted and evidence is preserved;
- If you sustain any injuries, seek immediate medical attention;
- Do not speak to insurance company adjusters or investigators. The insurance company’s immediate objective is to minimize or eliminate your recovery.
- Never give a recorded statement;
- Do not sign any medical authorizations or releases of claims;
- As soon as possible, obtain a free consultation with attorney Daniel E. Goldberg to discuss your accident. In the days immediately following an accident, many important decisions will be made regarding health and liability insurance claims processing which can significantly impact the value of your claim.